Skip to main content

Ford Fiesta XR2

you can post my pictures on your website as long as you don't claim ownership and you provide a return link to this blog

My Ford Fiesta and the crash: Car Home
  About the car: Justin's Ford Fiesta XR2
Pictures: Ford Fiesta XR2
More pictures: Justin's smashed XR2 
More about the crash: Crash Story

Justin's XR2. I bought it in 1991 for £3500, 8 years later spent same again doing it up. Smashed it up in 1998.
It started life as a Rosso Red 1985 XR2 with steel wheels. I decided to enhance it with performance modifications and a few cosmetic ones, I always hope that I did a good job. I was not happy just to re-spray it, put on cosworth alloys and a performance exhaust. I wanted it to 'go' as well as it looked and not just look like it might have power.
These pages were created in order to help others with their projects and to warn others what could happen if you don't take care.
Although of late XR2’s have got a boyracer reputation when I bought mine not many young people had them. There was only one other youngish person with one in my town. Certainly it was a big jump from my old 1976 Vauxhall Chevette! Many assume because it was modified and that I crashed it this makes me a boyracer. However I was 28 when I crashed it and 27 when the major performance mods were done. All the mods were genuine performance mods and not in the main cosmetic.


After the modifications it was a 4 page feature in Fast Ford Magazine:


Before the crash

Before the respray

the crash
After the crash it was featured in Redline magazine as "crash of the month" and again in Fast Ford magazine as a crash picture.

you can post my pictures on your website as long as you don't claim ownership and you provide a return link to this blog

My Ford Fiesta and the crash: Car Home
  About the car: Justin's Ford Fiesta XR2
Pictures: Ford Fiesta XR2
More pictures: Justin's smashed XR2 
More about the crash: Crash Story
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My stereos - a history

My Stereo(s) (Hi-fi) The rise and fall and rise again. A History of my stereo endeavours.

Part 1 - from a radio to the Pioneer

Part 1 | Part 2 | My stereo in June 2015

This is no boast but I love my stereo. Having a good stereo is the centre of my life and my only essential possession for someone who is not really into possessions.

Early days

I started my stereo life with a radio my Grandad gave me. Then I got my Dad's old setup (record deck and Sinclair System 2000 compact amp) which I added another one of my Grandads radio's to.

My Dad's amp was like this only black:

The Pioneer compact hi-fi

When I got a proper job I was able to start saving for something better and I bought a Pioneer compact Hi-fi which after a time I really started to hate. The Pioneer quality was lacking from this unit and really a lot of it was for show, like the twin display spectrum analyser. I hated the way the cassette and cd decks clunked about. Many things frustrated me with it, like th…

Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard

Now I have a 24" monitor on my laptop I find that the £5 keyboard is really not up to it. Hence the Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard. Very nice. I have started my degree in Creative and Professional Wiring this year and think I have a lot of typing ahead, hence the keyboard. It was only once I got this I realised how hard I had to hit the keys on the old one, as first of all with this one it hurt I was hitting them so hard. Pretty much sorted on the computer front now. I bought Dell hoping for longevity from this item. I don't like to buy new stuff all the time from an environmental standpoint.

See also:

My computers a history

My new laptop

Samsung 24" monitor on hdmi laptop

New Dell Keyboard 

My favourite games