England 2011

June 2011: Date set for my redundancy: July 29th 2011. More had happened than I expected and I now have 5 jobs. Organising a gig for Norwich Greenpeace and increasing our online presence. Through my Citroen 2CV I became involved in helping look after a lot of tortoises via re-designing their website. The RSPB voluntary work up as Strumpshaw Fen has been very rewarding and increasing my knowledge. Setting up plans for the future slowly.

August 2011: booked my flight to Ecuador, 14th Sept 2011 to 14th Dec 2011 for nearly £900. Saving the planet doesnt come cheap! Raul needs voluntary work help at his bit of rainforest and I also want to report on it all and the situation in Ecuador to spread the word and make the world aware. Coz they are chopping it all down. So yes, I will add to my carbon footprint considerably but I hope it will achieve more in the long run. Its certainly not going to be a comfy holiday.

Have booked my course for a STCW licence at £1000 then apply to work on a Greenpeace ship, the redundancy training grant of £500 will help towards it.

All pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/jtuijl 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My stereos - a history

Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard

Ford Fiesta XR2 car crash