writer, musician/DJ, conservationist, webdesigner

Thursday, 12 November 2015

England 2012 - Back in Blighty working out the next stage and still volunteering at home

England 2012 - Back in Blighty working out the next stage and still volunteering at home

Jan to March 2012: Next I am off to India and then Indonesia where I have been in contact for months with the conservation groups there. Force for the Forest, SOS Orangutans, Turtle Survival Alliance.

I have been working with Tortoise Welfare UK while in England, making their website and helping with the sanctuary. Through them have attended conservation conferences and talks. Many tortoises come from Indonesia and are very endangered there, so through the B.C.G. (British Chelonia Group) I am applying for funding from them to do initial research on tortoises over there: I have completed GPS training in the Lake District and will be taking out GPS devices and cameras for the rangers, then I can train them on the use of the equipment. I purchsed my own GPS unit in antisipation of this.

The core of the plan is to report on everything I can and feel is worthy. The main group I shall be with is Force for the Forest. I have further taught myself the GPS unit and the Garmin software Base Camp from end to end.

After three months in Indonesia I shall head back to Portugal for a festival, well even conservationists need a break! Then to Morocco to do further tortoise research. After this I hope to join a Sea Shepherd ship for a few months.

All pictures here: https://picasaweb.google.com/jtuijl

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unless marked all content and photos are by me and copyright © justintuijl

Top views - last 30 days

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive