writer, musician/DJ, conservationist, webdesigner

Thursday, 26 November 2015

Maritime museum trip and Cutty Sark - Oct 2015

The Cutty Sark and I go way back. I went only to look at it from the outside as the main aim of my trip was to see the National Maritime Museum. However after that I was very disappointed with the Museum and decided to pay to have a proper look at the Cutty Sark. I had wanted to visit it for years. My Dutch grandad used to have a model of it and the ship, therefore, had been a part of my early years. I do remember he had several more Cutty Sark objects which meant visiting it was a connection with him. It was a very strange feeling to finally be standing on a ship I had always thought of visiting but never had actually done it. 

It was not disappointing! I always thought the glass under it was odd, but having a coffee while sitting under the ship was quite something. All the old figureheads from long dead ships is also very haunting.

Cutty Sark



National Maritime Museum

Up Nelson!

Lots of old ships



Lower deck of the Cutty Sark

Middle deck




Captains toilet

Coffee shop under the ship



lots more old ships



This used to stand where the ship is now

Just before being restored


back on the Dockland Light Railway

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Unless marked all content and photos are by me and copyright © justintuijl

Top views - last 30 days

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive