Precipitation Within Sight

I love to walk in the rain
The patter on my coat hood
Tugging the corner down to
stop the wet on my face
Wet backs of legs
Puddles to avoid

Those low dark clouds
A familiar landscape
made different by the wet

When I get home I can
take off my damp coat
and say.
“That’s me for the day.”
Then sit in with coffee
and look at old railway pictures

The rain taps on my window
my lamp on the old trains
I see the water dripping
on the puddles

I’m glad for the rain
to make the sun seem better
And, mainly, because without
rain, we would all die

Justin Tuijl


Comments

  1. This was very nice. The last line made me chuckle a little too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My stereos - a history

Dell KB522 Wired Business Multimedia Keyboard

Ford Fiesta XR2 car crash